Sunday, March 8, 2009

808s & Heartbreak

I'm going to be honest....initially, I had been really resistant to listening to this album since the day it was released. The reason for this was because I had a preconceived notion about what it was going to be like.

Lemme 'splain you....

Ever since Akon and T-Pain began singing with their ever-so-annoyning vox box shit, I've been turned off to just about every artist who went there (with the exception of Snoop's Sensual Seduction--which caught me with the hilarity of the video, moreso than the song itself)...and it's just another reason why I don't, to this day, listen to the radio...that vox shit is EVERY where! [Ack!]

If I heard the vox, I instantly tuned out.

So, when Yeezy dropped 808s & Heartbreak, I just assumed [yes, I know...never assume...but I did *sigh*] it was full of vox box shenanegans. So, I didn't persue it any further.

*sidebar* When Graduation came out, I bought it the week it was released...!

Even when I heard Ye's new shit it in my friend's cars or cribs, I tuned it out....


Now...back to the future...

as you can see by my previous post, I found myself on set of the RoboCop video. Well a few days prior to the shoot, I decided it might be a good idea to actually check out the album...FINALLY...


I was pissed.


[...at myself!]

The album is FUCKING GREAT!

It's actually my new favorite shit. I can't stop listening to it.

Who was I fooling...really...? I should have known better.

My bad, Kanye, for pre-judging your shit.


Joke's on me.

Photobucket
[buy it!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.