Monday, August 24, 2009

Feed Me, Seymour!

For the first time in my life, I've realized that I have an insatiable hunger.
I wondered for the longest why, at times, I can eat so much food and never feel satisfied. More bread, more butter, more veggies, more this, more that...hmmm, what about ice cream? that sounds good.

My stomach screams at me, STOP!, for she is filled to the brim. My mouth says...ooh that was tasty I want more more more! My mind asks, WTF are you doing?

I don't know, I say. I need something more. I'm still not satisfied.

The other night while reading, Women Who Run With The Wolves, it came to me...out of the proverbial blue....

My soul is hungry.

My soul is hungry?

yes.

This is why food has proved itself dissatisfying in so many ways. This is why I yearn for more. Something more fulfilling. Soul Food. [and no, I'm not referring to Big Mama's fried chicken and collard greens.]

I need to feed my soul.


I'm going out for a Love burrito.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.