Monday, July 20, 2009

So Far So Bon...

I've been in Paris for 5 days now...and things have been going pretty well.
Let me fill you in...

So, Friday I went to change my worthless American dollars into Euros...and man...now I know what Mexicans feel like when they bring Pesos to the US!

Yipes!!

I thought it was a joke at first....then the banker gave me a receipt and an "au revoir" and sent me on my merry little way.

Bon chance!

Well, so much for that!!


On Saturday, I met up with some new American friends who were in town from LA. I was introduced to them by a former co-worker via email (MERCI BEAUCOUP, Linda!).
Octavia & Tom are wonderful people, I must say! They invited me to dinner & out for an evening at Buddha Bar & Hôtel Costes. Good times! [more to follow on that adventure!]


Sunday afternoon I walked around Paris a little and stopped for a panini and a crêpe near the Sainte-Chappelle where I met a guy from LA. What are the chances?! I come all the way to Paris and the first people I meet are from Los Angeles. Go figure!


Finally, today, Monday, apparently still jetlagged, I woke up at 4:30 in the afternoon[!]...Faaaaack!...and ventured out to the supermarché to buy some groceries. [that, my friends, is another post!]


Anyhoo...so it goes. I'm getting acclimated to my new surroundings and watching plenty of French TV as a means to learning the language. [I was up until 4am last night watching CuisineTV! Ha!]

Ça marche!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.