Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Awwww Freak Out! Le Freak C'est Chic!

Okay so it's 5 weeks til D-day......D-day I move to Paris! [whaamp whaamp - bad joke, I know, but I couldn't resist!]

Last week, I was on cloud 9 every friggin' day...clouds or sun, it didn't matter, I was in bliss. Woo hoo!
Yesterday, however, it really hit me...

"DUDE! I'm moving to PARIS...! OMG?!" and "...in FIVE WEEKS!"

Then the inevitable, Oh, shit!, settled in. At that moment it dawned on me how truly overwhelmed I was. And, I had absolutely no idea!

Even though, I was getting great things accomplished last week, my mind was somewhere out in the ethers dancing with stars and moonbeams. And, the reality of my decision hadn't completely gelled........until now.

I know I put this "deadline" on myself, which it's totally cool....but, after the 1st week since making the decision was over, I realized that there is A LOT of fucking shit to do! I'm happy the honeymoon phase has passed so quickly and that I've launched this week with a different awareness.


If you've been reading along, you know that I've been playing the Three Feet From Gold game since June 1st. Each week we, as a group, have a conference call & discuss the events of the past week, as well as set the tone for the current week. Well, our group goal for this week is for each of us to create and utilize an effective time-management system for ourselves.

My initial thought was, "*sigh* What is this?!? HIGH SCHOOL?!?" accompanied by an internal roll of the eyes, "I haaaate schedules...!"

Then something inside me said, "Buuuuut[!]...maybe this can be helpful!"

So, I cast my ego aside and wrote out my list of goals each day for the next 3 days. I added how much time I intended to spend on each task. I also gave myself a consequence and a reward for each day to ensure I don't lolly gag and let shit fall to the wayside.

So far, so good!

I feel like I am more focused and totally getting the most out of my day! The best part is, I've scheduled myself time to write! This way, I get to blog without feeling like, "I should be doing something else."

What a great feeling!!

Now there is time for everything! ...including parties and dancing and art shows and lunches and all kinds of other cool shit!

I'm feeling SO much better. The overwhelmment is rapidly dissolving & the excitement is becoming even stronger!

I feel kinda like Lionel Richie in 1986...[minus the funky pants & white socks with black shoes...]

♪♬ ♪ Oh, what a feeeeeling! When we're dancin on the ceeeiling! ♪♫♪



*happy dances*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.