Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

In wishing my mother a very happy Mother's Day, I also give thanks to the sacrifices she made in her life that have allowed me to be where I am today.

A few weeks ago, i was sitting at home rolling my first joint (yes, I've never rolled a joint in all my years!) thinking about how awesome my life experience has been.  I thought about how much I was enjoying the fact that I COULD sit here in California, in my own place, with beautiful weather and realizing my dreams & goals.   I imagined that if my mom had ever left Minnesota and explored as I had, that maybe she would be sitting in her apartment somewhere rolling a joint and enjoying herself.  I saw her in me at that very moment.  I realized how much I am really like her.

Then it hit me.

Had she left, I may not even exist.  I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the moment that I had.  Had she not made the sacrifices she did...I wouldn't be where I am today.  And, for that, I am thankful and appreciative.

Thank you, Mom.

Photobucket

I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yaasika,
    Just read your mother's day blog & some others. I loved the picture of you and your mom-it's one I remember from way back. Your mom looks so young and so innocent, and her features are practically stamped on your face (especially those beautiful eyes). I saw your blog entry about reading The Four Agreements, & it prompted me to think that today I will not take anything personally, and I will do my best.

    And I don't remember the other two agreements.

    Also, this is my very first blog comment, ever.

    Love,
    Auntie Beth

    ReplyDelete

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.