Friday, May 30, 2008

Rollerblading Part 1: Getting My Bearings (and Wheels!)

About an hour into my skating, I took a cue from a friend (a mental cue anyway) and decided things would be so much better if I got new wheels and bearings. So, I skated up and down Venice looking for a skate shop. The first shop I found didn't carry any rollerblade anything. The second shop did, but the "service technician" (some chick) wasn't there & they only worked on skates on Mondays & Tuesdays...and since it was Wednesday, I was S.O.L.

The guy at the second shop told me about a skate shop on the boardwalk that serviced rollerblades. He tells me to go down to the 3rd parking lot and go toward The Walk and I will see the shop there.

"Uh, ok." I thought. So, I started skating down the alleys in search of parking lots.

One...

Wait. Was that a parking lot? ...Yeah.

Two...

Mmm. No, I don't think that was a real parking lot.
(skate. skate. skate.)

Two...

Ahh. Yeah, two.
I think.
(skate. skate. skate)

Three.

Or is this two?
Maybe the second one didn't count.
(skate. skate. skate.)

Three. Again.

So, I turned left and headed to The Walk. Another quick left...and there it was!

Boardwalk Skate Shop

Jonathan and Trevor did a bang up job on replacing my shit...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Yay!

Here they are sitting outside...but you can only see Jonathan cuz some lady is blocking Trevor with her entire body...

Photobucket

I skated out of there with the biggest smile on my face. 
As soon as I hit the pavement, I felt like I was at Disney On Ice.  The ride was so smoooooth! 
Ooooh weeee!

Skate on! Skate on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.