Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ask and You Will Receive

I'm still in the process of redecorating my place & today I went downtown to get fabric to make my curtains.  As I'm driving thru downtown on my way to the fabric district, I ask the Parking Gods for a simple favor - A broken parking meter.  Not just ANY broken parking meter, no.  I need a convenient broken parking meter.  One that is close to where all my shopping will be.
Maybe a little demanding, I don't know.  But, it's what I wanted. So, I asked for it.

 I continue driving.  Closing in on my destination,  I approach the light at 8th Street.  I look to my left & there's an open meter!  "Awesome!" I thought.  I flip a bitch right into the parking spot. Score!  But it's blinking red...which means it's expired & I'll have to put coins in. "Damn!" I said "Eh, but, it's cool cuz at least it's close."  In addition to the sole 2 dimes I had in my ashtray (perfect place for meter money - seeing as though I don't smoke) I had some dollar bills on me to make change for the meter.  So, I got out of my car, hit the alarm & walked up to the meter and...


Photobucket

Broken!

What more can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.