Friday, April 18, 2008

Island Days

Reminiscing on old times, I think about how much I miss the "island" days. No, not as in the Caribbean or Hawaii or Fiji (nice thought tho!). But, as in the two of us sitting on my bed (a.k.a the island) all day long and shutting out the rest of the world. No phones, no computers, no shower, no getting dressed, no running errands, no nothing. Nothing but TV and movies and good times.

The most recent island day was not the same as it once was. Things are different now. Not only has the island moved, but apparently the feelings moved too -- washed away by a tide of ambition and selfish goals. Cast out into the sea of the world. I find myself clinging to the wreckage of the old forgotten ship that brought us to the island in the first place. All the while hoping I will come across the rest of the broken peices and someday rebuild it. Lofty goal, I know (especially when your first mate jumped ship a long time ago!); but the feeling still remains.

I wish I could go back to when things were a bit more simple. When the feelings were reciprocated. When it was more about enjoying the moment and enjoying the company; rather than it being about resistance and refrain.  

I long to go back to the good ol' island days when life was a bowl of cherries!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on...say it...[!]

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.